Sustainable Shared Mobility - Bay Area
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Energy Commission (California Energy Commission)
- Document Title
- Sustainable Shared Mobility - Bay Area
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The grant recipient will install 15 level 2 Plug-In Electrical Vehicle (PEV) charging stations throughout multiple affordable housing projects in the Bay Area. The installation of new PEV chargers will benefit PEV drivers in the region by increasing their range confidence. The transportation sector is the biggest contributor to California's GHG emissions and accounts for approximately 40 percent of these emissions. As documented throughout numerous California policy and regulatory materials, increased use of zero-emission vehicles (ZEV) provide multiple benefits in addition to reducing GHG emissions, such as reducing conventional pollutants, operating quietly and cleanly, allowing home refueling, lowering operating, and fuel costs. As such, California Governor's Executive Order B-16-2012 orders that the California Air resources Board, the California Energy Commission, the Public Utilities Commission and other relevant agencies work with the Plug-in Electric Vehicle Collaborative and the California Fuel Cell Partnership to achieve, among other benchmarks. By 2015, the State's major metropolitan areas will be able to accommodate ZEVs, each with infrastructure plans and streamlined permitting; and By 2020, the State's infrastructure will be able to support up to one million ZEVs. With the increased range confidence in the region's PEV drivers, there will be an increase in PEV miles driven, displacing conventional gasoline miles driven. By decreasing the conventional gasoline miles driven, GHG emissions will decrease in the region and support the Governor's Executive Order B-16-2012.
- Contact Information
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-48
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 654-4466
- Milpitas Oakland Oakland, San Jose, San Francisco, Richmond, Milpitas, ... Richmond San Francisco San Jose San Leandro San Rafael Union City
- Other Information
- Town Center & Courtyards at Acorn; Elena Gardens 2; AveVista Apartments; North Beach Place; Crescent Park 2; Montevista; Mandela gateway; Chestnut Linden Court; Peninsula Park Apts; Marea Alta; Steamboat Point Apts; Church Street Apts; Woodchase; Alice Griffith Phase 1; 1101 Howard Street; 1028 Howard Street; Ironhorse at Central Station; Pollard Plaza Apts; Cathedral Gardens; Belovida Newbury Parks Apts; Parkview Senior Apts; Buchanan park 2; Los Robles 2; Centertown; Bellavista Hilltop; Doctor George Davis; Edith Witt Senior Community
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Reasons for Exemption
- Consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use. Section 15303; consists of construction of new, small structures and installation of equipment in small structures. All power to the charging stations will be provided from the existing electrical panel and the work includes installations of conduit, wiring, electrical connections and mounting equipment. The project also includes installation of small new equipment and facilities in small structures and replacement or reconstruction of existing utility systems and/or facilities involving negligible or no expansion of capacity. S: 15304 consists of minor alterations in the condition of land. Minor trenching may be required to bring power from local sources to proposed charging stations but the surface will be restored.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.