Upper County Road DD Hambright Creek Habitat Restoration (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0356-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Upper County Road DD Hambright Creek Habitat Restoration (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0356-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement no. 1600-2017-0356-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Glenn County Health and Human Services Agency. Project is limited to removal of invasive, non-native vegetation, primarily giant cane, (Arundo) and tamarisk from the bed and banks of Hambright Creek east of the County Road DD crossing of the creek downstream to a point west of the County Road E crossing. The vegetation will be removed using power and manual hand tools and will be removed to a location outside of the streambed for disposal. An herbicide registered in the State of CA, appropriate for this use, will be applied to fresh cut stumps of tamarisk and cane to minimize the issue of resprouting. Additionally, any accumulated anthropogenic debris from the stream channel may be removed for proper disposal to allow the return of normal flows within the creek.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-1124
- 39.7796°'"N °'"W
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304,15333, Class 4, 33
- Reasons for Exemption
- This is a small project running along Hambright Creek with the intention to restore the natural conditions of the creek through removal of stands of invasive, non-native vegetation and some accumulated anthropogenic debris and downed trees. The total acreage is less than 5 acres including both banks of the creek and the stream channel/bed.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.