Redding Electric Utility Natural Gas Pipeline Verification Dig (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0688-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Redding Electric Utility Natural Gas Pipeline Verification Dig (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0688-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0688-R1, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Redding Electric Utility. The project is limited to excavating 3-5 ft deep to a gas pipeline and another 2-3 ft below the pipe in an ephemeral tributary to Clear Creek. The excavation is being conducted in order to sand blast the pipe coating to inspect the pipeline, and composite wrap the pipeline to fix the corrosion area. After repair, pipeline will be wrapped and then backfilled and mechanically compacted to at least 90%.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2239
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The pipeline is an existing utility line used to provide natural gas and the project consists of inspecting and maintaining sections less than one mile in length. The excavated area in the streambed will not have permanent impacts, as the area will be backfilled and restored to original grade after project completion.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.