Veerkamp Dam Removal Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0228-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Veerkamp Dam Removal Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0228-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0228-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Doug Veerkamp General Engineering, Inc. The project is limited to the removal of an approx 110 ft wide earthen dam which once impounded a seasonal pond. A pipe at the base of the dam currently allows seasonal flows to pass through w/o restriction. The dam will be removed using an excavator, a bulldozer, and a dump truck. Approx 450 cy of soil will be removed and used onsite to create three level building pads, all three of which will be located in upland portions of the site.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2955
- El Dorado
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of the minor alteration (removal of a defunct earthen dam) of an existing topographical feature (a seasonal tributary to Hangman Creek).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.