Karadanis Pier Repair/Rebuild Project (Lake Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0232-R2).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Karadanis Pier Repair/Rebuild Project (Lake Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0232-R2).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0232-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Robert F. Whittey. The Permittee proposes to rebuild the existing fixed pier and attached floating pier that were damaged during the past winter. 18 wood posts and concrete footings and two steel piling will be removed and replaced with 14 10 3/4 in diameter steel piling, two TS4x4 steel piling, and 2 4-in diameter steel piling. Piling will be driven to a depth of 6 ft. 4x6x120-in steel joists will be supported by W6x15 steel beams that are attached to the piling. 2x6 in cedar decking will be used as the decking surface. The project will result in the reduction of 16.1 sf of lakebed disturbance with the replacement of existing wood posts and pier piling. All debris and staging will be contained on a floating amphibious barge. All material transport to and from the project site will occur via barge and be loaded/offloaded at the Donner Lake Marina. No impact to the existing beach will occur. The lake depth is approx 3-4 ft at the location of the work. Project construction is estimated to be completed within four weeks of commencement.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2850
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is limited to the replacement of an existing private pier structure and provides no expansion of the existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.