Pilot Project - Water Diversion (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2011-0244-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 5 (San Diego) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5)
- Document Title
- Pilot Project - Water Diversion (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2011-0244-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2011-0244-R5, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Fillmore Irrigation Company. The project is limited to the alteration of Sespe Creek in four separate areas in order to find a suitable site to divert water in the future and to re-establish a water diversion for residential and agricultural water interests. Four pilot project sites have been chosen to be tested as potential future points for a surface water diversion from the main stem of the Sespe Creek. The only impacts to the creek will be the hand placement and adjustment of the flexible hose and self cleaning filter, as well as temporal loss of surface flows within the creek during this pilot project diversion term. No construction equipment is anticipated to be used and no maintenance is anticipated since a self-cleaning filter will be used. However, daily checks will be performed to ensure that the pump is functioning properly. Overall, the nature of the project will appear to have minimal impacts to vegetation and adjacent habitats.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Rd
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (858) 467-4201
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 4 consists of minor public or private alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry and agricultural purposes.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.