The Smith River Fire Protection District (SRFPD) has purchased an existing building in the community of Smith River and has applied for a Use Permit for a "Public Use" in order to move the SRFPD's main fire station from its current location to this proposed location. The subject building is an approx. 21,000 sq. ft. building that previously served as a grocery store. The grocery store ceased use of the building in 2013 and the building has remained vacant since that time. While public uses may be permitted in any zone district County Code requires the issuance of a Use Permit for such uses. The proposal would not expand the footprint of the building.
(1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
(2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
(4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
(5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
(6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.