Hennessey Creek Emergency Culvert Repair Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Hennessey Creek Emergency Culvert Repair Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- On August 25, 2017 the Willows Creek Maintenance Supervisor contactd District 2 after large cracks with vertical and horizontal offsets and deep expanding holes began developing and growing in the roadway on SR 299 in Trinity County from PM 8.3-15 (EA 01-0F090). Construction vehicles and equipment will be staged on the roadway and will operate from the roadway. Minor vegetation clearing will be required to place the pipe and headwall; however, no riparian vegetation will be removed. During construction, appropriate BMPs will be implemented as necessary. Upon completion of construction, disturbed soil areas will be stabilized and are expected to naturally regenerate.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2377
- Other Location Info
- Burnt Ranch
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The purpose is to repair the culvert and stabilize the roadway immediately in order to avoid catastrophic failure. The goal of the activity is to ensure the safety of the public and preserve the integrity of a major highway. This project involves restoring existing roadway structures and replacing the existing culvert structure and incorporate energy dissipation below the roadway to decrease future degradation with de minimus increase in fill. The project will not result in an expansion of the existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.