State Water Resources Control Board Cannabis Cultivation Policy - Principles and Guidelines for Cannabis Cultivation (Policy)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- State Water Resources Control Board Cannabis Cultivation Policy - Principles and Guidelines for Cannabis Cultivation (Policy)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Cannabis cultivation legislation enacted California Water Code (Water Code) section 13149, which directs the State Water Board, in consultation with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, to adopt interim and long-term principles and guidelines for the diversion and use of water for cannabis cultivation in areas where cannabis cultivation may have he potential to substantially affect instream flows. The legislation requires the State Water Board to establish the principles and guidelines as part of a state policy for water quality control.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Rights P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812-0100
Phone : (916) 445-9989
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Policy does not allow a relaxation of existing streamflow standards as it requires that cannabis cultivators comply with the existing instream flow requirements or the Policy's instream flow requirements, whichever is greater.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.