Sampling for educational purposes, HSU Oceanography Department
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 5 (San Diego) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5)
- Document Title
- Sampling for educational purposes, HSU Oceanography Department
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW is issuing a permit to Humboldt State University pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 2081(a) for educational sampling. The section 2081(a) permit authorizes the applicant to take Longfin Smelt and Coho Salmon during the course of sampling, subject to terms and conditions set forth in the permit. The purpose of this sampling is for educational opportunities for Humboldt State University students in estuarine and marine waters off of Humboldt County, CA. The applicant will sample these waters periodically throughout the year while Humboldt State University is in session.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
Marine Region 1933 Cliff Dr, Suite 9
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Phone : (707) 445-6456
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves periodic sampling in estuarine and marine waters which will not result in a serious or major disturbance to Longfin Smelt or Coho Salmon both listed as threatened species.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.