Los Angeles Reservoir UV Disinfection Plant (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0113-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 5 (San Diego) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5)
- Document Title
- Los Angeles Reservoir UV Disinfection Plant (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0113-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0113-R5, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to City of Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. The purpose of the project is to construct an UV Disinfection Facility that will treat a portion of water stored in the LA Reservoir in order to comply with the Environmental Protection Agency's Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule. The project consists of the installation of a 144-in inlet pipe within a v-ditch that will bring water from the LA Reservoir to the second UV Disinfection Facility where it will be treated and then sent to the distribution network. In addition, a 12-in drain line will be constructed to release potable water that may accumulate from valve leaks in the decommissioned pipe. Potable water may also be discharged through the drain line in the event that maintenance or emergency operations are required.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Rd
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (562) 342-2103
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor alterations of an existing public facility.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.