Sweet 30 Deep Water Diversions Stream Crossings and Ponds Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0307-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Sweet 30 Deep Water Diversions Stream Crossings and Ponds Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0307-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0307-R1, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Mr. Joshua Sweet. The project is limited to nine encroachments. Three projects are for water diversion from unnamed tributaries to Frenchman Creek. Water is diverted for domestic use and irrigation. Work for the water diversion will include use and maintenance of the existing water diversion infrastructure. One project is to rock armor the spillway of an existing pond to minimize erosion. One project is for construction of a pond and spillway. Two projects are to upgrade existing ford stream crossings. Work will include excavation, culvert installation, and rock armoring. Lastly, two projects are to decommission existing ford stream crossings. Work for these will include excavation, reconstruction of the bed and banks, and revegetation to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2064
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15321, 15303
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes to: 1) remediate impacts from unpermitted stream channel modifications and water diversions conducted without a streambed alteration agreement on or before January 12, 2017. The project will also prevent sediment from entering streams. This is an action by regulatory agency to enforce or revoke a lease, permit, license, certificate, or other entitlement for use issued, adopted, or prescribed by the regulatory agency or enforcement of a law, general rule, standard, or objective, administered or adopted by the regulatory agency. 2) Construct a new accessory water storage pond. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.