Kelsey Creek Fish Ladder Enhancement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0298-R2).
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Kelsey Creek Fish Ladder Enhancement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0298-R2).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0298-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to CDFW - North Central Region's Fisheries Program. The project is limited to the repairs and improvements to one of two fish ladders at the Kelsey Creek Detention Structure. This project will provide improved passage for Clear Lake hitch to move upstream for spawning. When Kelsey Creek is dry in the late summer, early fall, the project will remove 40 ft of the existing concrete, rock fish ladder with hand tools such as a rotary hammer or pneumatic jack, shovels, picks, and pry-bars. Deleterious materials will be properly disposed off-site. Wet concrete will be poured at various locations creating "pools." The concrete be dry prior to water inundation. The project is expected to take less than a week to complete.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2953
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15333 (4)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project will upgrade an existing facility to provide fish passage for Clear Lake Hitch (a threated species under CESA). No impacts will occur to the hitch b/c work will be conducted when the stream is dry.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.