Wikiup Creek Stream Bank Protection / Restoration Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0263-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Wikiup Creek Stream Bank Protection / Restoration Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0263-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Sixty cubic yards of gabion material will be removed from Wikiup Creek and an additional 50 cubic yards of nominal forty-eight inch diameter rock from a local quarry will be installed along the stream bank. Prior to placing the rock, a trench will be excavated along the tow in order to reduce settling and complete the connection between the riprap wall and stream channel. The excavation and construction of the keyway will occur with the use of heavy equipment, such as a tractor and excavator, during dry creek conditions.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 944-5525
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15333, Class 33
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is a small stream stabilization project, which includes native vegeration plantings. One of the main purposes of this project is to eliminate further bank erosion.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.