Otte Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0480-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Otte Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0480-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0480-R1, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Mr. Stuart Otte. The project includes 16 enroachments to remediate violations of FGC 1602. Two clusters of water diversion infrastructure were located during the site inspection that included buckets set below depth and diverted all the available water within two class II streams. Ten separate unpermitted encroachments within the two clusters were used to diver from unnamed tributaries to Sharber Creek. Water was diverted for irrigation use. This project will permit the removal of all diversion infrastructures associated with these clusters, and no additional water diversion will be permitted as part of this agreement. The property owner will rely solely on a groundwater well drilled in 2016 as the source of water on the property. Six other encroachments will remediate road/stream crossings utilized to access the place of use. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, placement of rock armoring, replacement of a new properly sized culvert at one location, removal of an undersized culvert and placement of a bridge at one location, backfilling and compaction of fill as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5900
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project includes 16 encroachments to remediate violations of FGC 1602. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.