Mt. Shasta FIsh Hatchery Bypass Ditch and Spillway Repair Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Mt. Shasta FIsh Hatchery Bypass Ditch and Spillway Repair Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region (Department) operates the Mt. Shasta Fish Hatchery (MSH). In 2016-2017, MSH experienced severe flooding as a result from higher than normal snow melt and rain runoff. The spillway was not equipped to handle the amount of water being deposited into the creek resulting in erosion of the creek channel. The erosion caused damage to the spillway and created a hazard to the structural integrity of the intake pond. The flooding caused pieces of the overflow curtain to fail off, as a result causing approximately 65 feet of continuous erosion towards the intake pond.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2300
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301(d) and (i); 15302; C1 & 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- Operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use. Replacement or reconstruciton of existing structures and facilities.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.