Forks of Butte Hydro Plant (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0241-R2).
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Forks of Butte Hydro Plant (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0241-R2).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2017-0241-R2, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Forks of Butte Hydro FERC P-6896 CA. The proposed project will: reconstruct parts of the diversion weir damaged in the 2017 floods. The diversion weir consists of a core wall with two slots for boards; reconstruct a 24-inch-by-inch concrete section of one of the slots and replace the steel channel; repair the 12-inch thick core wall damaged during the floods; and restore the gaging weir located just downstream from the intake box. No access roads will be constructed as part of the project and no equipment except for water pumps will be placed within Butte Creek.
- Contact Information
Juan Lopez Torres
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2951
- 39°54'10.10N"N 121°37'18.82W"W
- Butte Creek, Sacramento River
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- C: 1, S: 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1 because the project involves the reconstruction with no expansion of existing facility damaged by flood events.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.