Whitmire Water Diversion Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0569-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Whitmire Water Diversion Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0569-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed lake and streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2016-0569-R1, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Mr. Justin Whitmire. The project is limited to 4 encroachments. Encroachment 1 is for water diversion from an unnamed tributary to Elkhorn Creek. Water is diverted for domestic and irrigation uses. Work for the water diversion will include excavation and removal of an existing concrete spring box and associated materials, and installation, use and maintenance of water diversion infrastructure acceptable to CDFW. Encroachments 2, 3, and 4 are after-the-fact notification for installation of one 18" culvert and two 36" culverts, and future maintenance of these stream crossings.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 964-4830
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15302, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is limited to four encroachments to permit a water diversion, and maintain three culvert stream crossings. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.