MEN-1 Emergency Culvert Repair Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- MEN-1 Emergency Culvert Repair Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project will perform a cut and cover to replace the degraded RCP with a 75-ft long, 24-in diameter fusion-welded high-density polyethylene pipe. The roadway and shoulder above the culvert will be trenched to remove the existing pipe and the new pipe will be placed within the trench. A precast concrete headwall will be placed at the inlet and approx 10 ft x 5 ft x 5.5 ft (0.001 acre) of rock slope protection (RSP) will be placed at the outlet to prevent further erosion. The drainage is dry and no clear water diversion is necessary. Construction vehicles and equipment will be staged on the roadway and will operate from the roadway. Minor vegetation clearing will be required to place the pipe, headwall, and RSP; however, no riparian vegetation will be removed. During construction, appropriate BMPs will be implemented as necessary. Upon completion of construction, disturbed soil areas will be stabilized and are expected to naturally regenerate. Willows will be installed in the new RSP. The project is expected to take 5 working days to complete.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2377
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project involves restoring existing roadway structures and replacing the existing culvert structure and incorporate energy dissipation below the roadway to decrease future degradation with de minimus increase in fill. The project will not result in an expansion of the existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.