Date Palm Business Park

Summary

SCH Number
2017091078
Lead Agency
Coachella, City of (City of Coachella)
Document Title
Date Palm Business Park
Document Type
MND - Mitigated Negative Declaration
Received
Present Land Use
GP: Industrial district; Z: Manufacturing service, proposed CZ: M-S with industrial park overlay

Document Description
The applicant intends to develop Date Palm Business Park in a total of 8 construction phases, to be completed within 7-10 years. At build-out, the proposed project would provide approx 1.2 million sf of interior floor space. The applicant proposes to develop and utilize up to approx 91% of the building floor area, approx 1,092,000 sf for cannabis cultivation. The remaining 9% of building floor area, approx 108,000 sf. While the applicant's intent is to provide space for a variety of business park opportunities in addition to cannabis-related land uses, at this time, only cannabis cultivation and related uses (processing, manufacturing, etc.) are proposed. Additionally, parcel 5 of the project will be deeded to the Imperial Irrigation District for the development of an electrical substation.

Contact Information
Luis Lopez
City of Coachella
1515 Sixth Street
Coachella, CA 92236

Phone : (760) 398-3102

Location

Coordinates
33°41'34.4"N 116°10'45.6"W
Cities
Coachella
Counties
Riverside
Cross Streets
West of Oates Land, East of Harrison St, north of Ave 50
Zip
92236
Total Acres
82
Parcel #
603-290-006, -300-005
State Highways
86
Railways
UPRR
Schools
Cesar Chavez ES
Waterways
Whitewater River Storm Channel
Township
5S
Range
8E
Section
32
Base
SBBM

Notice of Completion

Review Period Start
Review Period End
Development Type
Industrial (1.2 mil Sq. Ft.) Other (IID Substation (3.91acres), Retention(7.24 acres))
Local Action
Rezone Use Permit Other Action Other Action: TPM
Project Issues
Aesthetic/Visual Agricultural Land Air Quality Archaeologic-Historic Biological Resources Drainage/Absorption Flood Plain/Flooding Forest Land/Fire Hazard Geologic/Seismic Minerals Noise Population/Housing Balance Public Services Recreation/Parks Schools/Universities Sewer Capacity Soil Erosion/Compaction/Grading Solid Waste Toxic/Hazardous Traffic/Circulation Vegetation Water Quality Water Supply Wildlife Land Use Cumulative Effects
Reviewing Agencies
Air Resources Board, Major Industrial Projects Cal Fire California Department of Parks and Recreation California Highway Patrol California Public Utilities Commission Caltrans, District 8 Coachella Valley Mountains Conservancy Colorado River Board Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6 Department of Water Resources Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 Resources Agency State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Drinking Water Department of Toxic Substances Control Native American Heritage Commission

Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at state.clearinghouse@opr.ca.gov or via phone at (916) 445-0613.

Download CSV New Search Print