The OHMVR Division evaluated the potential environmental effects of installing two permanent culverts under the Oso Flaco Lake causeway at the Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area. The proposed project would remove and replace the two existing culverts transecting the Oso Flaco Lake Road causeway. The work involves excavating the width of a 20-ft long section of the causeway to remove the culverts and install two 30-ft long, 48-in diameter culverts beneath the causeway roadbed. Once installed, the excavated area would be backfilled with new base material, approx 104 cy of crushed red rock. Total disturbance area is 0.002 acres.
(1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
(2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
(4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
(5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
(6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.