Mysis Shrimp Project at Emerald Bay
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Mysis Shrimp Project at Emerald Bay
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Reduce the abundance of the invasive non-native Mysis shrimp in Emerald Bay at Emerald Bay State Park to improve water quality and protect Lake Tahoe's biodiversity. Work will use eco-sounding, remote sensing equipment to locate the position of high density Mysis shrimp patches within the water column to maximize efficiency. Boats will slowly tow a fine mesh net to collect Mysis shrimp. The crew on board will be able to visually locate the Mysis Shrimp and adjust the depth of the trawl to maximize catch.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Sierra District Headquarters P.O. Box 266
Tahoma, CA 96142
Phone : (530) 525-9533
- El Dorado
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304, 15306 - Class 4 & 6
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor alteration in the condition of land and vegetation that does not involve the removal of healthy, mature scenic trees except for forestry proposes and resource evaluation activities which do not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource and is included as "resource management projects" and "baseline monitoring" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCRS 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.