Burch Creek Bank Stabilization Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0320-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Burch Creek Bank Stabilization Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0320-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project as described in the notification is a bank stabilization project in response to erosion caused by the extreme storm flows during the 2016 winter. The southeastern most bank of Burch Creek (bank proximal to Black Butte Rd.) will be stabilized using biotechnical erosion control methods. Bedload and gravel will be moved from the thalweg and creek bed to the creek's eroding bank. This sediment and gravel will be angled at a grade beneficial for plant reestablishment and defense against future high flow events. Excessively loose gravel will be removed from the waterway. The Burch Creek Bank Repair project runs discontinuously 3,000 feet in length. The width of the creek varies between 80 to 120 feet at the project site.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2300
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304 - Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor public alterations to the streambed.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.