Proberta Tower Decommissioning Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Proberta Tower Decommissioning Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Federal Aviation Administration intends to remediate lead contaminated surface soil and to decommission a non-directional beacon communications tower and associated structure located in Proberta, Tehama County. Associated structures include a fenced compound with the tower, gravel pad, communication building, Z-markers/anchors, and four remnant tower footings. Each remnant tower footing contained a communication at one time, but now the footing and anchors are all that remain. These remnant tower footings are approximately eight feet square, three feet tall and six feet below grade, while the Z-markers/anchors vary in height from one foot to over six feet tall.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
364 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 205
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-2437
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304 - Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor alterations to land where remnant tower footings will be removed along with lead contaminated surface soils. The areas of excavation will then be backfilled with clean soil and recontoured to preexisting condition.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.