Dakin Bridge Crossing Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0370-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Dakin Bridge Crossing Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0370-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to one encroachment to build a bridge over an unnamed tributary using a 43-foot railcar. The railcar bridge will replace an unarmored summer crossing. The footings (concrete slabs) will be outside of the banks of the stream, and the banks beneath the bridge will be shaped and armored. The upstream, east bank of the stream will be stabilized using bioengineering methods for approximately 40 feet above the bridge in order to address bank erosion at a pool. Work at the bridge site may include vegetation removal, excavation, backfilling, compacting, and armoring as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 964-7683
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304 - Class 1 & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will install a bridge that spans the active channel and will abandon a summer crossing.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.