Construction and Operation of Golden State Water Company, Southern Well #6 Manganese Treatment System
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Construction and Operation of Golden State Water Company, Southern Well #6 Manganese Treatment System
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) as the lead agency will be issuing a water supply permit. The Golden State Water Company proposes to install improved treatment of manganese and iron for a water supply well that has been out of service since June 2015. Treatment facilities will be a 1000 gallon per minute manganese treatment system and a backwash storage tank with dimensions of 23' 9 3/16" diameter x 16' 1" height, and approximately 40,000 gallon capacity. The sludge from the backwash process will be contained in a tank and allowed to settle without settling agents or coagulants.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Centeral District Office 500 North Central Avenue, Suite 500
Glendale, CA 91203
Phone : (818) 551-2004
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301b, 15303c - Class 1 & 3
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves operation of parts of existing facility, and minor alteration of existing public or private structures, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. New construction and operation of small new tanks, equipment (structure) less than 2,500 ft2, and not involving the use of significant amounts of hazardous substances.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.