MDOT Culvert Replacement CR248 MP1.75 Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0231-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- MDOT Culvert Replacement CR248 MP1.75 Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0231-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to one encroachment to replace a failing culvert on an unnamed tributary to East Fork Russian River. The failing, undersized culvert will be replaced with a culvert sized to pass 100-year event discharge and associated debris. Work for the project will involve removing blackberry brush and roadside grasses, removal of the old culvert, excavation, placement of the new culvert, backfilling, compacting, and armoring as necessary to minimize erosion. The flow of the stream is controlled by the Potter Valley Irrigation District, who has agreed to dewater the stream prior to the start of the project, but a pool associated with the outflow of the old culvert may continue to hold water.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 964-7683
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304 - Class 1 & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proejct will replace a fiailing culvert wiht a larger culvert sized for 100-year flow events and will not substantially change the morphology of the creek.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.