Patterson Creek Salvage (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0508-R1) for 2-17EX-595-SIS
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Patterson Creek Salvage (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0508-R1) for 2-17EX-595-SIS
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to one encroachment including the removal of a failed 24" plastic culvert and the installation/replacement of a permanent 48" corrugated metal pipe (CMP). The crossing is associated with a Notice of Exemption Timber Harvesting Plan (2-17EX-595-SIS) and includes the following: failed culvert shall be removed, large rocks shall be used to key and buttress toe of fill, and a combination of rock rip-rap and native material shall be placed behind a rock face. A 48'' CMP measuring at a minimum of 40 feet in length shall be used to replace failed culvert. The CMP may be placed higher in the fil as long as large rock is placed directly below outflow for energy dissipation. The reconstructed road profile shall include a critical dip at a culvert location and any diverted outflow shall be rocked between the points of hydrologic disconnect above and below the crossing location. If water is running in the watercourse at the time of reconstruction, the watercourse shall be blocked above the project site and water will be pumped or piped around the site until the new culvert is installed and water is running through the new pipe.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 841-2566
- Class II tributary to Patterson Creek
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15301,04; Class 1,4
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes to repair and upgrade an existing structure. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.