Clear Creek Gravel Injection Project, WDID# 5A45CR0053, Redding, Shasta County
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Clear Creek Gravel Injection Project, WDID# 5A45CR0053, Redding, Shasta County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project will inject gravel (6,120 cubic yards) at four sites on lower Clear Creek for the purpose of supplementing natural gravel bed load captured in Whiskeytown Reservoir. Lower Clear Creek below the reservoir is depleted in gravel bed load, which has caused degraded channel habitat, channel incision, and loss of flood plain connectivity and function. Gravel injections address these conditions and partly restore spawning habitat for the benefit of endangered salmon and steelhead. The project will have temporary impacts of 1.2 acres to un-vegetated streambed.
- Contact Information
Guy F. Chetelat
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
364 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 205
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4997
- Lower Creek, Whiskeytown Reservoir
- Other Information
- Paige Bar: Latitude: 40°35'05.29" Longitude: -122°33'01.62" Guardian Rock: Latitude: 40°34'39.42" Longitude: -122°32'10.95" Placer Road Bridge: Latitude: 40°30'39.07" Longitude: -122°31'19.45" 3B Rootwads: Latitude: 40°30'03.03" Longitude: -122°25'05.50"
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15333; Class 33
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is Categorically Exempt under CEQA section 15333 because it is a restoration project less than 5 acres size for the benefit of fish and wildlife. The project will enhance spawning habitat for the benefit or endangered salmon and steelhead. No compensatory mitigation is required for this project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.