Deer Creek South Vina Fish Screen Protection Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Deer Creek South Vina Fish Screen Protection Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department proposes to install sheet pile along the left bank upstream of the fish screen to prevent further erosion of the bank that separates Deer Creek from the south irrigation ditch. The Department intends to install 140 linear feet (LF) of sheet pilings (100 feet in wetled channel and 40 feet on bank) with a top elevation that matches the top of the existing stream bank. In some locations the sheet piling would be installed up to 20 feet out into the active stream channel from the current bank. Approximately 600 cubic yards of gravel would be excavated from a gravel channel behind the sheet piling.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2300
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301(d), 15302- Class 1 & 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is being implemented to protech fish from entering a water diversion ditch and to restore the function of the fish screen. The fish screen will not be relocated and the capacity will not increase.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.