Riddell Preserve Sediment Reduction and Enhancement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Riddell Preserve Sediment Reduction and Enhancement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The primary purposed of the project is reduce sediment discharging from an existing deteriorating gravel road and stream crossing and enhance the riparian zone. The proposed project would include replacing existing crossing structure with 10 culverts of increased diameter to accommodate 100-year storm events. The proposed culverts will be set to grade, in-line with natural stream channel orientation and in accordance with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Salmonid Stream Habitat Restoration Manual. At two sites failed culverts will be removed and bridges will be installed to enhance flows and decrease sediment discharge. The project also proposed to replace an existing narrow channel bridge with one that is designed to enhance creek flow, gravel transport and woody debris through the reach.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2830
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves maintenance, restoration, enhancement of fish, plant and wildlife habitat through culvert replacement in accordance with CDFW guidelines for the primary purpose to improve habitat and reduce sedimentation.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.