Twentynine Palms Water District, Well #118
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Twentynine Palms Water District, Well #118
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board), as the responsible agency, will be issuing a water supply permit. The Twentynine Palms Water District proposes to replace the existing Well #11 with a new well (Well #11B) of the same capacity to provide potable water to the community of Twentynine Palms. Well #11B will be constructed on the same parcel, approximately 125-feet north of the existing well, and is projected to be 500 feet in depth with a pumping capacity of 400 gallons per minute. An existing chain link fence will be expanded to encompass the new well site. A 25' x 25' pad will be prepared for the well site, and an existing access road to the well site will be improved. An existing permitted arsenic removal system with a 400 gallon per minute capacity is anticipated to be used once the water quality data from the well is determined to be high in arsenic. This arsenic removal system is previously existing and not part of this project.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
San Bernardino District Office 464 West 4th Street, Room 437
San Bernardino, CA 92401
Phone : (909) 383-4328
- San Bernardino
- Other Location Info
- The well is located to the north of Twentynine Palms Highway (Route 62), bounded by Lee Road to the west and Que Pas Lane to the east, in the vicinity of 67350 Twentynine Palms Highway, Twentynine Palms, San Bernardino County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- (CCR, Title 14, Sec 15302 and Title 22, Section 60101 (b))
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is the replacement of an existing drinking water well that is no longer functioning. The new well will be constructed on the same parcel, will have the same purpose and capacity as the well that is being replaced. The State Water Board is a responsible agency for this project and is not responsible for the California Department of Fish and Wildlife filling fees.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2017078511 PDF 854 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.