Cow Creek Forebawy Access Road Repair and Upgrade (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0108-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Cow Creek Forebawy Access Road Repair and Upgrade (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0108-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to repairs to a failing wet crossing (vented ford) that traverses the South Fork of Cow Creek and restores fish passage through an existing culvert. The crossing consists of 12" thick steel reinforced concrete that is 12"Wx85'L and has two 36" corrugated metal culverts underneath the concrete that serve as fish passage. PG&E recently discovered that a significant section of the crossing has been undermined to the point that the crossing is unsafe to use, and this crossing is a primary access point to the Cow Creek Forebay, part of the Kilarc-Cow Creek Project. Additionally, the culverts are blocked with gravel, preventing year-round fish passage over this structure.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2239
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 - Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- The crossing is an existing crossing that has been in se for many years as a vented ford.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.