Stornetta Brothers Bank Stabilization (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0139-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Stornetta Brothers Bank Stabilization (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0139-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project involves one encroachment to reinforce approx 100 ft of eroding river bank using iron piles, cables, imported cypress logs, native willow cuttings, and gravel. The bank will be pulled back to a 2:1 slope before reinforcement. Heavy equipment will operate on the north bank and will not disturb the wetted channel. Large rock rip-rap will not be used, and in-stream will not be diverted. This is a repair to streambank stabilization completed in 2010 in accordance with SAA 1600-2010-0217-R1.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 964-7683
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is a repair to, and within the boundaries of, a previous bank stabilization under 1600-2010-0217-R1. The completed, previous project currently provides enhanced habitat (shade and cover) for salmonids and othe aquatic species. The current project will use the same materials and methods. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.