Issuance of Permit to Conduct Scientific Research and Collections
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Issuance of Permit to Conduct Scientific Research and Collections
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Note: Reference SCH #2015062060 Issue a permit to Beckye Stanton, Senior Environmental Scientists with Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Conservancy, to conduct scientific research and collections in the Windy Cove Day Use Area of Brannan Island State Recreation Area for evaluation of effectiveness of chemical control and biological control of the highly noxious and invasive plant called giant reed. Research activities and avoidance and minimization measures will adhere to the actions disclosed in the MND document titled Arundo Control and Restoration Project in the Cache Slough Complex.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
7806 Folsom-Auburn Rd
Folsom, CA 95630
Phone : (916) 985-0205
- Other Location Info
- Brannan Island State Recreation Area
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of basic data collection, research and experimental management, and resource evaluation activities which do not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource, and is strictly for info gathering purposes included as "baseline monitoring" and "experimental resource management" in the Parks and Rec's list of exempt activities in accordance with 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.