Trinity Alps Resort Summer Swimming Dam (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0136-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Trinity Alps Resort Summer Swimming Dam (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0136-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0136-R1, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Trinity Alps Resort, represented by Ms. Margo Gray. Project is limited to installation of an annual summer swimming dam for recreational purposes. The swimming dam shall be built using clean boulders and rocks stockpiled on the banks during winter and at no time shall rocks from the streambed or channel be pushed up or graded. Fish passage shall be ensured at all times, allowing water to flow at an appropriate depth and velocity through the side channel to allow volitional fish passage up and down stream around the dam. The dam is authorized to be 5 feet tall and span the channel, but plastic is not to be used until after Aug. 1 and shall not be used over the fish bypass. Dam installation will not occur prior to July 1 and deconstruction of the dam will commence no later than Oct. 15. Decomposed granite is stockpiled on the southern bank and is used for a beach during summer. Grading or smoothing of this sand shall not substantially after the water's edge or remove vegetation.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2239
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304, Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor public or private alterations in the condition of land, water, and or vegetation, which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry and agricultural purposes.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.