Harwood Water Diversion and Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0436-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Harwood Water Diversion and Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0436-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed lake and streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2016-0436-R1, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Mr. Thomas Harwood. The project is limited to 4 encroachments. Two encroachments are for water diversion from underflow in unnamed tributaries to Eubank Creek for domestic use. Work for water diversion will include use and maintenance of existing infrastructure. One encroachment is for removal of an unused water diversion from an unnamed tributary to Eubank Creek. The last encroachment is to hydrologically disconnect and restore an erosion channel to it natural condition.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2064
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will permit conditional water diversion from an existing private springs box and horizontal well for domestic use. This project will also permit minor alterations to water by authorizing the removal of unused water diversion structure and minor alterations to land by authorizing restoration of an erosion channel to resolve sediment discharge. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.