Kapusta 1A Side Channel Habitat Restoration and Enhancement Project, WDID# 5A45CR00490, Anderson, Shasta County
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Kapusta 1A Side Channel Habitat Restoration and Enhancement Project, WDID# 5A45CR00490, Anderson, Shasta County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project will remove historic fill at the entrance of a side channel of the Sacramento River, thus reestablishing flow in the side channel. Boulders and the abutments of a small bridge will be used to direct flow and stabilize the location and dimensions of the upper side channel. The restored portion of the channel is approx 15 ft wide and 0.6 acres in extent. The total project size is 2.5 acres. The project will restore cold water flow through the side channel for the benefit of aquatic life including endangered salmon and steelhead trout.
- Contact Information
Guy F. Chetelat
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
415 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 100
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4997
- 40°29'41.2"N 122°20'39.7"W
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project meets section 15333, class 33, small habitat restoration projects, which consists of projects not to exceed five acres in size to assure the maintenance, restoration, enhancement, or protection of habitat for fish, plants, or wildlife provided that: a) there would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065, b) there are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed, and c) the project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.