Kempe Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0272-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Kempe Water Diversion and Stream Crossings Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0272-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to six encroachments. Two encroachments are for water diversion from unnamed tributaries to Sproul Creek. Water is diverted for domestic use and irrigation. Work for the water diversion will include use and maintenance of the water diversion infrastructure. The four other proposed encroachments are to to upgrade failing and undersized culverts. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, removal of the failing culverts, replacement with a new property sized culvert, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5900
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304 - Class 1 & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes to divert water for domestic use irrigation, and to conduct activities to reduce erosion at four stream crossings.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.