Operation of 4 Arsenic Treatment Systems
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Operation of 4 Arsenic Treatment Systems
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board), as the responsible agency, will be issuing a water supply permit. The City of Bakersfield began construction of a treatment plant at each of the 4 well locations in February 2017. A ~20 foot long by ~10 foot wide by ~12 foot high treatment system was placed at each location. The system included storage and feed systems for chlorination and CO2, 2 tanks for arsenic absorption, and a treatment bypass line. Not more than 200 feet of 12-inch or less diameter piping was installed at each location to connect the discharge to the storm drain or sewer, the well to the treatment system, and the treatment system to the distribution system. Construction was completed in May 2017. The project will provide for the operation of these facilities.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
265 West Bullard Avenue, Suite 101
Fresno, CA 93704
Phone : (559) 447-3300
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 - Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- The operation of existing public structures involving no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.