Union Pacific Railroad, Yuma Subdivision, Milepost 657.37 Bridge Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River Basin), Palm Desert
- Document Title
- Union Pacific Railroad, Yuma Subdivision, Milepost 657.37 Bridge Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The UPRR is proposing to improve a railroad crossing near the town of Wister in Imperial County, CA. The improvements will be located at MP 657.37 on the UPRR's Yuma Subdivision. The existing Bridge 657.37 is nearing the end of its useful lifespan, and must be replaced b/c of its deteriorating condition to ensure safety for UPRR and passenger rail operations.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River B
73-720 Fred Waring Drive, Suite 100
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Phone : (760) 776-8986
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project constitutes "replacement or reconstruction of [an existing railroad bridge] where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced, and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced". In addition, the project is for "the institution or increase of passenger or commuter services on rail or highway ROW in use, including modernization of existing stations and parking facilities".
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.