Lower Butte Creek Restoration Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0372-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Lower Butte Creek Restoration Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0372-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2016-0372-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the Pit Resource Conservation District. The Pit Resource Conservation District (PRCD) will use contractors to perform a small stream restoration project on private land in Lassen and Modoc County in the State of California. The project will consist of re sloping stream banks, filling entrenched stream channels, and reconnecting the stream to its floodplain using the "pond and plug" technique. The construction disturbance area is 2.63 acres. Butte Creek is intermittent and becomes dry during the summer months. The restoration will allow flood flows to spread out onto the floodplain more frequently in the upper portion of the project site which will rehydrate the site and gradually re-establish the meadow conditions in this area. The streambanks in the lower portion of the project site will be recontoured to minimize erosion and no changes to flood flow patterns will result as the channel capacity will remain the same.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2124
- 41.184°'"N 120.940°'"W
- Lassen Modoc
- Other Information
- The project is immediately southeast of the town of Adin and is visible from the junction of Highway 299 and Highway 139 south of the town, in the Counties of Lassen and Modoc.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15333, Class 33
- Reasons for Exemption
- Habitat restoration of 2.63 acres.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.