Gekas Bridge (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0144-R2)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Gekas Bridge (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0144-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2017-0144-R2, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to James Gekas. The project is limited to the replacement of the Gekas's private bridge over Herndon Creek that was damaged during the Clayton Fire. The replacement bridge will be modular and 40-foot long by 10-foot wide. The bridge will be placed within the existing foot print on the existing road and secured with steel H beams. Two 10-inch dimeter piles will be installed at the ends of the modular bridge. Approximately 40-cubic yards rock rip-rap will be added to the existing rock on the banks for erosion control. No vegetation will be impacted by this project. Work will occur when the stream is dry.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2953
- 38°55'5.95"N 122°35'23.64"W
- Other Information
- The project is located at Herndon Creek, in the County of Lake, State of California. Lower Lake U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Quadrangle.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is limited to the replacement of an existing fire damaged bridge and will not significantly impact any special status species or habitat.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.