Hambright Creek Routine Maintenance (Lake or Streambed Alteration)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Hambright Creek Routine Maintenance (Lake or Streambed Alteration)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (Department) has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2016-0186-R2, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Glenn County Planning and Public Works Agency. Routine maintenance activities, subject to limitations specified in this Agreement, will include as appropriate at each crossing of the creek: Removal of accumulated sediment, sand, gravel and rock in and around bridges, abutments, crossings and the streambed channel as may be impeding the natural flow of water in the Stream; Clearing and removal of accumulated anthropogenic trash and debris; Clearing of accumulated vegetative debris; Removal of fallen trees and other dead vegetation; Removal of non-native invasive vegetation from the streambed channel and lower half of the stream bank as may be adversely impacting the natural flow of water in the stream; Limbing of native vegetation to a height of not more than sixty (60) inches as may be impacting the natural flow of water in the stream; Removal of vegetation from underneath high tension powerlines where they may cross the creek; Removal of emergent aquatic vegetation at road crossings where this vegetation may be impacting the natural flow of water in the stream; Removal of vegetation from the upper half of the bank of the creek where it may be compromising the integrity of the stream bank or resulting in compromising public safety at the crossing; Disposal, through burning on site, of removed vegetating as conditions allow; Minor repair to structures (culvers, outfalls, bridges and wing walls, and existing rock slope protection) or along the banks of the creek within 100 feet of the crossings, both upstream and downstream, to control erosion and stabilize the creek banks; Repair of existing erosion control structures within 100 feet of road crossings along the creek; Repair of gates barricades and small structures; Washing and painting of bridges; Control of re-established vegetation through the application of herbicides under the direction of a registered Pest control Advisor; Removal of debris (including dams and lodges) related to the presence of North American Beavers within 100 feet of crossings, and other activities as determined to maintain the functional and structural integrity of County facilities.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-1124
- 39°45'44"N 39°45'39"W
- Other Information
- North and Longitude 122, 20, 27 West to - 122, 11, 49 West The project is located within the Glenn County boundaries, covering less than 10 acres within +/- 12 miles of natural creek and channels. The project occurs within the Black Butte Dam and Kirkwood USGS quadrangles.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15301, 4, 4(g)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is intended for maintenance of existing anthropogenic structures, crossings, or facilities associated with a stream in an already disturbed situation. Individual project footprints in all cases will be insignificant.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.