Cabeen Water Diversion, Stream Crossings, and Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0039-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Cabeen Water Diversion, Stream Crossings, and Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0039-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to 7 encroachments. One encroachment is for water diversion from an Unnamed Tributary to Squaw Creek. Water is diverted for domestic use. Work for the water diversion will include replacement of existing structure, use, and maintenance of the new water diversion infrastructure. The six other proposed encroachments are to upgrade or decommission stream crossings. Work for these encroachments will include some or all of the following; excavation, culvert removal, installation of properly sized culvert, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2064
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15302, 15304 - Class 2 & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Replace, use and maintain one existing infrastructure for water diversion with no expansion of use. Reconstruct three existing undersized culverts to pass 100 year storm event, and Decommission three stream crossings which will not involve removal of mature trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.