Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Fallon Complex Plumbing System Upgrades
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Upgrade the failing plumbing system serving the facilities of the Fallon Complex in Columbia State Historic Park to improve facilities for park staff and visitors as well as comply with current health and safety requirements. Work will:
- Remove all existing threaded galvanized steel piping, type L copper and fitted joints of various sizes;
- Install approximately 2,800 +/- linear feet of new plumbing supply risers and branches comprised of aqua pex piping with compression pex fitting joints;
- Convert the approximately 1,200 +/- linear feet of cast iron sewer/waste/vent piping and fittings to ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) where applicable;
- Pressure test all new plumbing systems to 60 PSI and support pipes at 4-foot intervals with hangers or anchors;
- Install new seals and operable parts on the high tank toilets and other fixtures; as needed, due to the increased water pressure;
- Diassemble and remove all shower stalls prior to plumbing repairs; and
- Replace all oak lavatory counters in the hotel guest rooms.
Project consists of the repair and minor alteration of existing public facilities involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond current levels, included as "Utility repairs or minor upgrades" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR 15300.4, and projects limited to maintenance, repair, stabilization, rehabilitation, restoration, preservation, conservation, or reconstruction of historical resources, in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings) (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.