Jensen River Ranch Habitat Enhancement Phase 3 (Amendment No. 1 to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0017-R4)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 4 - Central, Fresno (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4)
- Document Title
- Jensen River Ranch Habitat Enhancement Phase 3 (Amendment No. 1 to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0017-R4)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Amendment No. 1 of Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0017-R4, issued to San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust. The Project includes activities related to the removal of invasive plants, installation of an irrigation system, and planting of native trees and shrubs within an approximately 20-acre parcel adjacent to the San Joaquin River. Amendment No. 1 changes to the Avoidance and Minimization Measure for Swainson’s hawk (Buteo swainsoni) allow for a reduced no-disturbance buffer around active nests.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014 ext. 242
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located in and adjacent to the San Joaquin River in Woodward Park within the City of Fresno in Fresno County, State of California; Township 12 South, Range 20 East, Southwest ¼ of Section 15, United States Geological Survey (USGS) map Lanes Bridge, MDB&M; Latitude 36°52’55.15”N, Longitude 119°46’59.12”W; Assessor’s Parcel Number 570-010-11.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project includes activities related to the restoration of an approximately 20-acre site on the north side of Woodward Park within the floodplain of the San Joaquin River. Activities include removal of invasive grasses and forbs, installation of irrigation, and planting of native trees and shrubs within an approximately 20-acre parcel, mowing the surrounding open space area, and drafting up to 800 gallons per minute from the San Joaquin River to irrigate plantings. No trees or shrubs will be removed, and no significant environmental impacts will result if the Project is completed under the protective features included in Streambed Alteration Agreement No.1600-2018-0017-R4.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2017058473_Jensen River Ranch PDF 285 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.