USDA Forest Service Carman II Watershed Restoration - Site 8 Project, WDID# 5A46CR00021, Sierraville, Plumas and Sierra Counties
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- USDA Forest Service Carman II Watershed Restoration - Site 8 Project, WDID# 5A46CR00021, Sierraville, Plumas and Sierra Counties
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Carmen Creek watershed is identified as severely deteriorated in the Tahoe National Forest Land and Resource Management Plan. Railroad grade fill has caused stream diversion, incision and problematic erosion that significantly impacts channel habitat and floodplain vegetation conditions. The project will remove part of the railroad grade fill to allow the stream to reoccupy natural channels and reconnect with the floodplain. The project includes mulching and seeding to speed reestablishment of natural vegetation in disturbed areas. The goal of the project is to return the stream to its natural channel and restore channel floodplain function and habitat.
- Contact Information
Guy F. Chetelat
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
364 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 205
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4997
- Plumas Sierra
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- A restoration project less than 5 acres in size for the benefit of fish and wildlife. The project is expected to benefit aquatic life and wildlife that depends on floodplain riparian vegetation and meets the conditions of CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.