Request for Authorization for Emergency Activities in the Lower Owens River and Owens Lake, Inyo County
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California State Lands Commission
- Document Title
- Request for Authorization for Emergency Activities in the Lower Owens River and Owens Lake, Inyo County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- To prevent damage to public property, infrastructure, and the environment due to anticipated widespread flooding in the Lower Owens River and Owens Lake, Los Angeles Department of water and Power proposes emergency activities to: (1) armor facilities, including the Lower Owens River pump back station and ancillary facilities, diversion and water conveyance structures; (2) divert creek and water conveyance flows as necessary to prevent damage; and (3) clean, repair and rebuild water delivery and conveyance facilities as needed, to manage the flow of water into Owens Lake in a manner that avoids additional air quality problems at the shoreline of the lakebed and in a manner that is most protective of the current dust mitigation infrastructure.
- Contact Information
California State Lands Commission
100 Howe Avenue, Suite 100-South
Sacramento, CA 95825-8202
Phone : (916) 574-1900
- Lower Owens River, Owens Lake
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 21080(b)(4); 15269(c)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Authorization for emergency activities is statutorily exempt from the requirements of the California environmental Quality Act because it involves specific actions necessary to prevent or mitigate an emergency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.