Special Repair/Deferred Maintenance (Allocation #06, #07, & #08, FY 16/17
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Special Repair/Deferred Maintenance (Allocation #06, #07, & #08, FY 16/17
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Repair and maintenance projects will be conducted at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) prison facilities statewide as shown in the attached list. Repair projects include a wide array of repairs; some examples are roof repair/replacement, inmate housing shower repair, replacement/repair of flooring, replacement of chillers, and effluent pond lining replacement. These projects are necessary to maintain the buildings and infrastructure and to meet code requirements at CDCR prisons statewide and to ensure unimpeded operation of the facilities and their public safety mission. All work will be performed within the prison property in developed/disturbed areas. These projects are not in environmentally sensitive areas and none of the exceptions to this exemption are applicable.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-2159
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- C: 1, S: 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- This exemption allows for the restoration or rehabilitation of deteriorated or damaged structures, facilities, or mechanical equipment to meet current standards of public health and safety, that involve negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. These projects consist of minor alterations to existing structures and equipment and involve no expansion of use. This is one of a class of projects that the Secretary of Resources has found do not have significant effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.